Community Based Organization (CBO) Learning Circle
RPOP launched the CBO Learning Circle focused on resident involvement and organizing in the Summer of 2021. The program consisted of 8 participants from various organizations that serve the Russell neighborhood or West End of Louisville. The Learning Circle serves as an opportunity for RPOP, guest speakers and participating CBO's to share resources and learn together in deepening their engagement with residents, partners, funders, and other organizations
CBO Learning Circle Participants
- Stephen Lewis Ag in the City Lou
- Stacy Bailey-Ndiaye Bridge Kids International
- Amber Brown Chalk-it Up Kentucky
- Eboni Cochran West Louisville Math & Science Project
- Yolanda Walker California Neighborhood Leadership Council Inc.
- Angela Hollingsworth & Dr. Kim Mapp Shawnee Transformation Youth Coalition (STYC)
- Elmer Lucille Allen & Al Mortenson Western Branch Library Support Association
- Loueva Moss & Verna Goatley Shawnee Neighborhood Association
Summer Learning Series
What is a Community Land Trust?
Universal Basic Income and Guaranteed Income
What is a Cooperative?
Whether you're a long-term home owner, someone who chooses to rent or an aspiring homebuilder, Russell residents can take advantage of a number of housing resources available from these organizations.
Ready to make your dream of business ownership a reality? Need funds to grow your existing business to reach more customers? Interested in connecting with other small business owners for networking and partnership? These organizations can help Russell entrepreneurs and small business owners take their businesses to the next level.
Looking for new skills to grow your income in your current position? A new career path that matches your interests and strengths? A better paying job? Russell residents can connect with these community partners to receive support for these and other workforce and career development needs.